Scriptures on being strong will help you find strength in the Lord. During hard times it is sometimes difficult to see the hand of God or even feel His grace.
It is during these difficult times that that we have outlined some of the bibles verses that will help you find and build your strength in the Lord. Hard times are meant to make us strong and not destroy us, what does not kill simply make you stronger
Throughout the Bible our God has given us the assurance that He will be with us. It is up to us to believe this, and you cannot know what plans God has for you unless you read His word. As you find some time to know our Father in heaven, find strength in the Lord and he will renew you strength.
Scriptures on Being Strong
Below are some of the scripture on being strong
1. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3. Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah (NKJ)
Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. (NKJV)
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (NKJV)
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are [a]safe. (NKJV)
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. (NKJV)
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.(NKJV)
The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him (NKJV)
Bible verses about being strong in trials
Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But the LORD delivers him out of them all (NKJV)
The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble.
And those who know your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You (NKJV)
1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore! (NKJV)
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.
Psalm 27: 1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah
And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved.’
Bible Passages About Strength In Hard Times / hardships
25. “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
26. Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
2 Corinthians 1:3-7
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
4. who comforts us in all our tribulation that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
5. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ.
6. Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
7. And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
8. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed we are perplexed, but not in despair
9. Persecuted, but not forsaken: cast down but not destroyed
Bible verses about being strong
7. Blessed is the man that trust in the Lord, and whose hope the LORD is
8. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreads out its roots by the river, and shall not fear when the heat comes, but its leaf shall be green; and shall not be anxious in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit
28. Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.
29. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.