Today we look at Bible verses about long distance relationships; in the word of God there are many encouragements on how we should handle our life. Long distance relationships are often a challenge but they can definitely work if both parties are committed.
Love conquers many things and distance is not such a big deal where true love exists. Looking at Bible verses about long distance relationships you will discover that nothing is impossible.
Below we have looked at some these bible verses about distance relationship
Bible verses about long distance relationships
- Sometimes love requires we allow the person we love to be far away, he or she could be needed more in some other place
Philemon 1: 12-14
12 I am sending him—who is my very heart—back to you.
13 I would have liked to keep him with me so that he could take your place in helping me while I am in chains for the gospel.
14 But I did not want to do anything without your consent, so that any favor you do would not seem forced but would be voluntary. (NIV)
- Even in long distance, love conquers all
1 Corinthians 13:7
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance. (New Living Translation)
- Love is the greatest gift that will endure forever
1 Corinthians 13:13
There are three things that will endure-faith, hope and love- and the greatest of these is love (New Living Translation)
- In long distance relationship both couple should be faithful to each other
15Drink water from your own cistern, And running water from your own well.
16 Should your fountains be dispersed abroad,[a]Streams of water in the streets?
17 Let them be only your own, and not for strangers with you.
18 Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice with the wife of your youth.(NKJV)
- In long distance relationship you will sometime fell alone, but at the end you will unite to your boyfriend or girlfriend
Song of Songs 3:1-4
1 All night long on my bed I looked for the one my heart loves; I looked for him but did not find him.
2 I will get up now and go about the city, through its streets and squares;I will search for the one my heart loves. So I looked for him but did not find him.
3 The watchmen found me as they made their rounds in the city.“Have you seen the one my heart loves?”
4 Scarcely had I passed them when I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go till I had brought him to my mother’s house, to the room of the one who conceived me. (NIV)
- Even in Long distance relationship do not forget to find time to positively enjoy life while still young
You who are young, be happy while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days
of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.
- Do not awaken love with someone far away if you are not ready to have a long distance relationship
Songs of Solomon 8:4
I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, Do not stir up nor awaken love until it pleases.
- In God you will overcome
And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
- The Lord will watch over each one of you
It was also called Mizpah, because he said, “May the Lord keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other. NIV
- Though you are far away, you are always with me
For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
- If everything is okay and you love each other, then it is not a mistake that you are in a long distance relationship, two are better than one
9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. NIV
- Long distance is not good for very newly married couple, but it is not impossible. You can always work out things to be together
5 If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married. NIV
- True love is not shaken by anything, not even the distance, it loves to the end
16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.”
18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.
- The greatest commandment is love
12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
- In long distance relationship you need to truly love each other sincerely for thing to work out
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
Mzuri Springs provides you with free study guides, devotionals, useful articles, and more