Quotes About Freedom of Press: Freedom of the press is vital in every nation. Without freedom of the press, a nation is doomed to remain ignorant and oppressed. Each year on 3 May, World Press Freedom Day is celebrated as more evaluations are done to ensure the role played by journalists is not interfered with.
Below are freedom of the press quotes that you can use to celebrate the good work done by the press.
Quotes About Freedom of Press
1. “We owe it to the next generation of journalists to create a safer environment in which to work,” writes Rana Ayyub
2. “The work of free and independent media matters now more than ever.” Joe Biden
3. ” I’ll say again, that I most prefer the noisy, boisterous, sometimes scurrilous media of today to the monotonous, praise-singing sycophantic one of yesterday” Akufo Addo
4. “A free press can scrutinize the mighty, expose corruption & deter abuses. For a tyrant, like Napoleon. Once lamented”
5. “But if you want to know how much the government really values a free press, you don’t have to look far”
6. “People have to look outside television or the press. And consider whether a leader speaks from the heart and fights for his own beliefs or is limited to conveying the ideas of others.” Steven Spielberg (1946), American filmmaker.
7.“I honor the courage and sacrifice of journalists around the world” Joe Biden
Read: Christian Leadership Quotes
Freedom of The Press Quotes
8. “The freedom of the press works in such a way that there is not much freedom from it.” Grace Kelly
7. “Our freedom depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost.” Thomas Jefferson
9. “No prison is large enough to contain free speech.” Mazen Darwish
10. “Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest asset and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak instantly, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of victory, and the signs of horror are still in the air.” Henry Anatole Grunwald
11. “Freedom of the press belongs to the people of a nation, not to the owners of publications.” A. J. Liebling
12. “A free press can be good or bad, but, most certainly, without freedom, a press will never be anything but bad.” Albert Camus.
Read: Quotes About Boy Scouts
World Press Freedom Day Quotes
14. ” To me world press freedom day means allowing journalists to do our jobs freely and safely, to ultimately protect their access right to information, to the truth” Sandra Gathmann
15. “World press freedom day means doing our jobs freely and independently without the threat of violence, intimidation, and censorship” Gabriel Elizondo
16. ” Freedom of the press means the ability to be able to do our jobs without the fear of being targeted because we are journalists” Stefanie Dekker
17. “Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost. “Thomas Jefferson
18. The freedom of the human mind is recognized in the right to free speech and free press” Calvin Coolidge
19.“There can be no higher law in journalism than, to tell the truth, and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann
Freedom of The Press Quote
20. “No democratic society can exist without a free, independent, and plural press.” Kofi Annan, 2001 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
21. “The press is the pointer finger of the path of progress.” Victor Hugo was a French poet and playwright.
22. “Worthy or unworthy of its end, the newspaper is always conscience, reason, and public opinion.” Eugenio María de Hostos, Puerto Rican sociologist, philosopher, and writer.
23. “Freedom of the press, like all freedoms, will have its drawbacks, it will have its dangers; but with all of them it is preferable to the quiet placidity of despotism, as he said he tacitly ”. José María Vigil (1946), Spanish liberation theologian.
24. “The press is not only the most powerful weapon against tyranny and despotism but also the most effective and active instrument of progress and civilization.” Francisco Zarco Mexican deputy, politician, and journalist.
25. “The power of public opinion is irresistible when it is allowed to express itself freely.” Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), was the third president of the United States.
26. “The emission of ideas by the press must be as free as the faculty of thinking is free in man.” Benito Juárez , Mexican politician.
27. “If there had been press censorship in Rome, today we would not have Horace or Juvenal, or the philosophical writings of Cicero.” Voltaire, French philosophers.
28. “I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend with my life your right to express it.” Voltaire, French philosophers.
29. “A cynical, mercenary, and demagogic press will produce a cynical, mercenary, and demagogic people.” Joseph Pulitzer, an American publisher.
Free Press Quotes
30. ” Press freedom means the ability to report on a story unfettered and unchained and also to hold those in positions of power accountable for their actions without ant fears of ramifications” Linah Alsaafin
31. “Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.” Thomas Jefferson
32. “No prison is large enough to contain free speech.” — Mazen Darwish
33. “In a truly free state, thought and speech must be free.” Suetonius, Roman historian.
34. “Freedom of expression carries with it a certain freedom to listen.” Bob Marley, Jamaican guitarist, and composer in reggae music.
35. “When the public’s right to know is threatened, and when the rights of free speech and free press are at risk, all of the other liberties we hold dear are endangered.” Christopher Dodd
Conclusion: Quotes About Freedom of Press
The above Quotes About Freedom of the Press will allow you to appreciate the role of the press in society. Each year as we celebrate World Press Freedom Day you can use some of the above quotes to celebrate journalist work.
Mzuri Springs provides you with free study guides, devotionals, useful articles, and more