Kindness Stories in the Bible: There are lots of bible story about kindness and today we are going to look at a few of them. There are numerous lessons we can learn from these stories. Below we have looked at stories of kindness in the bible
- Kindness Stories in the Bible
- Bible Stories about kindness
- Short Bible Story About Kindness
- Bible Verses on Kindness
Kindness Stories in the Bible
1. The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)
This parable told by Jesus illustrates the importance of showing kindness to strangers. A Samaritan, despised by the Jews, helps a wounded man on the roadside, while religious leaders pass by. It teaches the lesson that kindness should be offered to everyone regardless of social class and cultural barriers.
2. Elijah is fed by the widow of Zarephath (1 King 17:1-16)
During a severe drought, God instructs the prophet Elijah to visit Zarephath, where a widow is gathering sticks. He asks her for water and bread. Though she has almost nothing, the widow selflessly complies, offering him her last meal. In an act of remarkable kindness and faith, she makes bread for Elijah, believing God’s promise that her flour and oil will not run out. Her generosity sustains Elijah during the famine, demonstrating that even in scarcity, kindness can lead to divine abundance.
Lessons on kindness from Elijah and the widow of Zarephath story.
- Kindness in Times of Scarcity: Even though she was facing extreme poverty and scarcity, the widow of Zarephath demonstrated kindness by offering Elijah a drink of water and a piece of bread.
- Obedience and Trust: The widow’s act of kindness was a result of her obedience and trust in God’s word.
- God’s Miraculous Provision: The story highlights God’s faithfulness in providing for those who show kindness.
- Sharing in Sacrifice: Kindness may sometimes require a degree of sacrifice.
- Kindness can uplift the spirits of those in distress and offer a sense of purpose.
- When we give generously and selflessly, we often find that our resources, whether material or emotional, multiply beyond our expectations.
3. Healing the Leper- Matthew 8:1-3
In Matthew 8:1-3, a leper approaches Jesus, seeking healing. Touched by the man’s faith, Jesus reaches out, touches the leper, and says, “I am willing; be clean.” Instantly, the leper is cleansed from his affliction, illustrating Jesus’ compassionate power to heal and the significance of faith in seeking His mercy.
Lessons on kindness from the Healing the Leper
The kindness in Jesus made him touch leper when everyone else run away from him. The Leper was healed because Jesus cared. Jesus taught us that kindness should be shown to everyone.
4. The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
The story of the prodigal son is about a father’s unconditional love and forgiveness. When the wayward son returns, the father shows great kindness by welcoming him back with open arms and celebrating his return.
5. The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant-Matthew 18:23-33
In the Parable of the Unmerciful Servant , a king forgives a servant’s massive debt out of compassion. However, the forgiven servant, upon encountering a fellow servant who owes him a small amount, shows no mercy and has the debtor thrown into prison. When the king learns of this, he is furious, retracts his forgiveness, and has the unmerciful servant imprisoned until his original debt is paid.
Lessons on kindness from The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
This story underscores the importance of showing kindness and forgiveness to others, as we have been forgiven by God.
Bible Stories about kindness
1. David and Mephibosheth (2 Samuel 9)
King David’s kindness to Mephibosheth, the crippled son of his friend Jonathan, illustrates the value of showing mercy and kindness to those in need. David welcomes Mephibosheth into his home and provides for him.
2. Jesus and the Samaritan Woman John 4:4-14
In this story, Jesus demonstrates kindness and acceptance toward a Samaritan woman, breaking all prejudice and cultural barriers. He offers her living water and understanding.
3. Jesus dining with sinners Mark 2:13-17
15 While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him.
16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
4. Jesus heals the man with a struck ear- Luke 22:47-51
In Luke 22:47-51, as Jesus is being betrayed and arrested in the Garden of Gethsemane, Peter cuts off the ear of the high priest’s servant with a sword. Jesus immediately heals the man’s ear, showcasing His kindness , even in the face of his vivid arrest and crucifixion.
5. The Kindness of Dorcas, Acts 9:36-42
The story of Tabitha, also known as Dorcas, demonstrates the kindness and generosity of a woman who was known for her acts of charity. After her death, Peter raises her from the dead, portraying the impact of her kindness in the community.
Short Bible Story About Kindness
1. Mary Anoints Jesus’ Feet (Luke 7:36-50)
Mary, a sinful woman anoints Jesus’ feet with expensive perfume and her tears, showing great kindness and repentance. Jesus acknowledges her act of love and forgives her sins.
2. Jesus Feeds over 5,000 people (Matthew 14:13-21)
In this miracle, Jesus shows kindness and compassion by feeding a large crowd with just five loaves and two fish. His care for their physical needs reflects a broader message of provision and abundance.
3. Joseph and His Brothers (Genesis 37-50)
Joseph’s kindness and forgiveness toward his brothers, who had sold him into slavery, is a powerful example of extending grace and reconciliation. Joseph forgives them and provides for their needs during a time of famine.
Bible Verses on Kindness
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
1 Samuel 20:14
But show me unfailing kindness like the Lord’s kindness as long as I live, so that I may not be killed
1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
Conclusion: Kindness Stories in the Bible
There are numerous kindness stories in the bible. We are to learn important lesson from this stories.